Pages

Friday, 9 May 2014

Book of The Week: An Abundance of Katherines



  One of John Green's amazing young-adult books, which I loved reading, An Abundance of Katherines. It was just so funny and hilarious in every bit of it, I just couldn't stop reading without laughing, I found it so entertaining, incredible and unpredictable. 
  The ending was my favorite part of it, because it was different from any other chapter, it wasn't a 'Katherine' chapter, it was a 'Lindsey Lee Wells' chapter, that's what made it unique, but the fact that the 'Lindsey Lee Wells' chapter was my favourite part doesn't mean I only loved that one, I loved the whole book , and how it all twisted on the last chapter. 
  I liked the technique John Green has used in this book, as the main character -Colin- knew 11 different languages-some of them are Arabic, French, German, English..-, Mr. Green used words from these language which makes it even more interesting, and because Colin was a 'child prodigy' he added mathematics schema, which made it fun and if the reader couldn't understand Colin, the schema sure do will help.
  Also adding Hassan, Colin's best friend, who was a 180 degrees different from Colin, but still Hassan was always there for Colin, his personality -which was very conflicted, made him funny as he was, and especially the love Hassan had for Judge Judy was unbelievable.
  An Abundance of Katherines is not a love story, it's drama-after-love story which lead Colin to an unpredictable end of the road he was riding, and it was a fine and confident end. It's nerdy, but cool, adventurous, exciting, and reckless, but wise.


  Here are some of my favorite quotes from the book :)

“Books are the ultimate Dumpees: put them down and they'll wait for you forever; pay attention to them and they always love you back.” (I found this one a bit funny :3)

“What matters to you defines your mattering.” 

“I don't think you can ever fill the empty space with the thing you lost.” 

“I don't think your missing pieces ever fit inside you again once they go missing.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment